Donald Trump’s Reaction Compared to Joe Biden on Iran’s Israeli Attack

Former President Donald Trump claimed Tuesday that “Iran was in total check” while he was in office, as the country began a ballistic missile attack on Israel.

The Republican presidential candidate’s claim came as his Democratic rival, Vice President Kamala Harris, met with President Joe Biden to discuss the United States’ response to the escalation.

After initial reports of a planned strike, Iran began firing rockets toward Israel on Tuesday evening local time, as confirmed by both countries.

What Has Donald Trump Said About the Attack?

In a statement released by his campaign, Trump said Biden and Harris lacked leadership.

“The World is on fire and spiraling out of control,” Trump said. “We have a non-existent President in Joe Biden, and a completely absent Vice President, Kamala Harris, who is too busy fundraising in San Francisco, a City which she and Gavin Newscum totally destroyed, and staging fake photo ops.”

Harris did not have any campaign events scheduled for Tuesday, October 1.

Trump went on to claim that when he was president, “Iran was in total check.”

“They were starved for cash, fully contained, and desperate to make a deal,” the statement said. “Kamala flooded them with American cash and, ever since, they’ve been exporting terror all over, and unraveling the Middle East.”

Iran Israel attack
Projectiles launched by Iran in the sky above Israel on October 1. Donald Trump said Iran was “in total check” while he was president.

MENAHEM KAHANA/AFP via Getty Images

Trump went on to say that Iran wanted Harris as the next U.S. president, and that was why the country had tried to target him, referring to reported attempts on his life planned by Iranian-linked suspects.

“If I was in charge, October 7th never happens, Russia/Ukraine never happens, Afghanistan Botched Withdrawal never happens, and Inflation never happens. If I win, we will have peace in the World again. If Kamala gets 4 more years, the World goes up in smoke.”

Newsweek reached out to the Harris campaign via email for comment.

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham backed the former president, saying “decisive action” was needed.

“The only thing the Iranian regime understands is strength,” Graham posted on X, formerly Twitter. “Now is the time to show unified resolve against Iran, the largest state sponsor of terrorism.”

What Has Joe Biden Said About the Attack?

“This morning, @VP and I convened our national security team to discuss Iranian plans to launch an imminent missile attack against Israel,” Biden posted on X on Tuesday. “We discussed how the United States is prepared to help Israel defend against these attacks, and protect American personnel in the region.”

As the Democratic presidential candidate, Vice President Harris has come under scrutiny over her position on Israel’s war with Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza. When asked about the conflict in mid-September, Harris repeated that she was committed to her “support for Israel’s ability to defend itself.”

Recent polling in swing states showed that Trump is more trusted than Harris on world affairs. Another showed that he is also ahead on national defense.

Some voters, including some Muslims in key swing states, have become frustrated with Harris for not giving a clearer message on the conflict’s impact on Palestinians.

Meanwhile, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III spoke with Israel’s Minister of Defense, Yoav Gallant, on Tuesday morning.

He told his Israeli counterpart that the U.S. had been increasing its “force readiness” in recent days and could help where needed in its defense against “threats from Iran and Iran-backed terrorist organizations.”

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Related Article

Iran demands ‘evidence’ as Trump, UN experts highlight protest killings | Protests News

Tehran, Iran – The Iranian government has again blamed “terrorists” for the killings of thousands during last month’s nationwide protests after United States President Donald Trump and human rights experts weighed in. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on Saturday that the government has released a list of 3,117 people, whom he described as “victims of

Celebrities We Want To See At THON

Many popular faces could show up at THON throughout the weekend. The popularity could potentially gain more attention for the event, but who specifically would make sense to show up? Not all celebrities would necessarily fit, and the idea isn’t to take attention away from the stage either, so the choices would have to resonate

Trump v. Trump. Which president shows up at the State of the Union?

Feb. 21, 2026, 5:01 a.m. ET The state of President Donald Trump‘s union is troubled. When he delivers the annual State of the Union on Feb. 24, the audience in the House chamber will likely include members of a Supreme Court that just outlawed the stiff tariffs that have been his primary economic and national-security

Small Business Owner: More Uncertainty After Trump Tariffs Overturned

This as-told-to essay is based on a conversation with Marc Bowker, owner of Alter Ego Comics, a comic book shop in Lima, Ohio, after the Supreme Court overturned some of President Donald Trump’s tariffs. This story has been edited for length a clarity. My first reaction to the Supreme Court decision was, “This is awesome

Murdoch Paper Flames Trump for ‘Worst Day of Presidency’

President Donald Trump is fuming after one of his key economic policies was struck down by the Supreme Court—and the Rupert Murdoch-owned Wall Street Journal is rubbing salt in the wound. On Friday, a 6-3 majority ruled that the 79-year-old president lacked the authority to impose widespread tariffs on other nations last year. Trump lashed

The Supreme Court struck down Trump’s tariffs. Now comes the hard work of issuing refunds

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday struck down President Donald Trump’s biggest and boldest tariffs. But the justices… WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday struck down President Donald Trump’s biggest and boldest tariffs. But the justices left a $133 billion question unanswered: What’s going to happen to the money the government

The MAGA Agenda Is Sinking in Popularity. What Might Donald Trump Do?

Listen and subscribe: Apple | Spotify | Wherever You Listen Sign up to receive our twice-weekly News & Politics newsletter. The Washington Roundtable discusses the upcoming State of the Union address and the public’s shift against Donald Trump on two of his signature issues: the economy and immigration. What pitch might Trump make for himself

Trump to travel to China next month, with U.S. tariffs in focus

Feb. 20, 2026, 10:24 p.m. ET Washington – President Donald Trump will travel to China from March 31 to April 2 for a highly anticipated meeting between the leaders of the world’s two biggest economies, a trip announced as the Supreme Court overturned Trump’s sweeping tariffs on imported goods. A White House official confirmed the trip on Friday, just before the

Short Seller Jim Chanos Calls Elon Musk’s Orbital Datacenter Goals ‘AI Snake Oil’ — Says Need To See ‘Actual’ Savings

Short seller James Chanos has criticized the tech industry’s push towards developing orbital datacenters, outlining that space-based datacenters would cost more. In a post on the social media platform X on Wednesday, Chanos quoted a video that talked about Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk‘s vision to put datacenters in orbit following xAI‘s

Rob Reiner death – Conan O’Brien was in shock after holiday party

Feb. 20, 2026, 5:54 p.m. ET Conan O’Brien has broken his silence about the deaths of his good friends, director Rob Reiner and his wife Michele Singer Reiner. The venerated Hollywood couple’s Dec. 14 killing occurred the morning after they attended a holiday party at O’Brien’s Los Angeles house. O’Brien, 62, who is hosting the

Elon Musk’s Mom Breaks Usual Silence To Defend Billionaire Son

Content Warning: This article references sexual abuse. Reader discretion is advised. Elon Musk has his mom helping fight his battles for him. Maye Musk, the mother of the South African billionaire, took to Twitter (now X) in defence of her son, who has owned the social media platform since 2022. Maye, a former model, is

Possible Iran strike poses midterm risk for Trump

WASHINGTON (TNND) — President Donald Trump is weighing new military strikes on Iran in a move that could escalate tensions in the Middle East and trigger major retaliation from Tehran. His decision also carries political risks at home ahead of the midterms, where voters are far more concerned about the economy than foreign conflicts. Trump

After Supreme Court strikes down Trump’s sweeping tariffs, president tells the press the administration has ‘great alternatives’

Shortly after The Supreme Court struck down President Donald Trump’s far-reaching global tariffs on Friday, the president told the media he plans to use “other alternatives” to enact his sweeping tariffs. “We have alternatives. Great alternatives,” Trump said in a press conference after the court ruling handed him a significant loss on an issue crucial

Florida Republicans pass bill renaming Palm Beach airport after Trump | Florida

Democrats in Florida have condemned Republican colleagues in the state legislature who approved the renaming of the airport in West Palm Beach the “President Donald J Trump International Airport”, less than a week after lawyers for Trump sought to trademark the name. Only the signature of Florida’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, now stands before a

Trump airport renaming plan sparks cost, profit concerns in Florida

Feb. 20, 2026, 11:51 a.m. ET The Trump Organization has offered to let Palm Beach County International Airport use Donald Trump’s name for free if it is renamed. The proposed renaming could cost nearly $6 million, with state senators considering a $5.5 million appropriation to cover the expenses. Some Florida lawmakers are concerned that taxpayers

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x