Transfer rumors, news: Al Hilal eye Salah, Rodrygo to replace Neymar

Al Hilal have identified Mohamed Salah and Rodrygo as possible replacements for Neymar, while Manchester United are reportedly ahead of Manchester City in the race to sign Nuno Mendes. Join us for the latest transfer news, rumors and gossip from around the globe.

Transfers homepage | Done deals | Men’s January grades | Women’s January grades

TOP STORIES

Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta rues Liverpool depth after draw
Crystal Palace sign teenager Romain Esse from Millwall
Besiktas appoint Ole Gunnar Solskjær as head coach

TRENDING RUMORS

Saudi Pro League heavyweights Al Hilal want Liverpool‘s Mohamed Salah or Real Madrid‘s Rodrygo to replace Neymar, reports Rudy Galetti. This comes just days after Al-Za’eem head coach Jorge Jesus hinted that Neymar was on his way out of the club, with ESPN sources confirming that the 32-year-old Brazil legend is in preliminary talks with three MLS sides — including Chicago Fire FC — over a proposed move. Salah is out of contract with Liverpool in June, while Rodrygo has been fighting for first-team minutes at Madrid since Kylian Mbappé joined the club last transfer window.

Manchester United are leading rivals Manchester City in a race to sign Paris Saint-Germain left-back Nuno Mendes, according to Football Insider. The 22-year-old has long been seen as a priority for the Red Devils as a solution for their troublesome left-back spot, while City have earmarked Mendes as a potential cornerstone of their looming squad rebuild. Regardless, both clubs may need to continue their searches as L’Équipe says the Portugal international sees himself staying with the French capital club for the foreseeable future and wants to sign a new deal.

– Manchester City want to sign FC Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa as a replacement for Ederson in the summer, according to Football Transfers. Talks are already underway with a summer deal for the 25-year-old quickly gaining momentum. Ederson has been the topic of strong interest and tempting financial offers from Saudi Arabia.

– In addition to pursuing Manchester City right-back Kyle Walker, Rudy Galetti reports that AC Milan also want to bring in a new midfielder this January. The Rossoneri are currently evaluating a long list of names for the position and have asked Juventus for fresh information on Nicolo Fagioli as the 23-year-old could be available.

Internazionale are carefully monitoring Bologna duo Sam Beukema and Santiago Castro, says Calciomercato. Juventus have previously been mentioned regarding Beukema and there is a possibility that they could make a move for the 26-year-old in the summer, while there is growing interest in Castro from elsewhere. Centre-back Beukema has been rated at €25 million, while striker Castro won’t be allowed to leave the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara for less than €30m.

Lens are interested in a January move for Bayern Munich goalkeeper Daniel Peretz and have already submitted a formal offer to the Bundesliga club, reports Sky Sports Deutschland, which adds that the 24-year-old currently intends to stay put. Meanwhile, Bayern are in negotiations to sign Jonas Urbig from FC Cologne this window, but an agreement has not yet been reached.

Source link

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Related Article

5 things to look out for in La Liga this weekend

With Barcelona crowned champions for a second consecutive season, attention in La Liga turns to other matters in the penultimate round of fixtures, including a gripping relegation battle. AFP Sport picks out five things to look out for this weekend in the Spanish top flight. Griezmann’s farewell French forward Antoine Griezmann could not end his

Benched Mbappe complains Arbeloa said he was ‘4th forward’

Real Madrid striker Kylian Mbappe said Thursday coach Alvaro Arbeloa told him he was the “fourth forward” in the squad before benching him against Real Oviedo. The France captain returned from a thigh problem in a 2-0 win over Oviedo but his appearance as a 69th-minute substitute was greeted by whistles from Madrid’s own disgruntled

Permutations in Europe: What’s still at stake in final weeks of season?

There’s still plenty to play for across Europe as we head into the final matches of the club season. Here are all the title races, Champions League fights, and relegation battles left to be decided in the top leagues this month. This story will be updated until the end of the campaign. 👉 Jump to:EPL

Each Premier League team reranked: Man City rise; Chelsea, Liverpool collapse

Ryan O’Hanlon Close Ryan O’Hanlon ESPN.com writer Ryan O’Hanlon is a staff writer for ESPN.com. He’s also the author of “Net Gains: Inside the Beautiful Game’s Analytics Revolution.”  and  Bill Connelly Close Bill Connelly ESPN Staff Writer Bill Connelly is a writer for ESPN. He covers college football, soccer and tennis. He has been at

‘Proud’ Italy starlet Inacio signs new Borussia Dortmund deal until 2029

DORTMUND, GERMANY – MAY 08: Samuele Inacio of Borussia Dortmund celebrates scoring his team’s third goal during the Bundesliga match between Borussia Dortmund and Eintracht Frankfurt at Signal Iduna Park on May 08, 2026 in Dortmund, Germany. (Photo by Leon Kügeler/Getty Images) Italian wonderkid Samuele Inacio has signed a contract extension with Borussia Dortmund

Bruno Fernandes Admission Gives Man Utd Simple Decision Over Captain’s Future

Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes has confirmed he still dreams of doing more to boost his legacy at the club. Despite recently being crowned the FWA Footballer of the Year after a stunning campaign at Old Trafford, Fernandes continues to be linked with a high-profile exit from the club in a deal that would help

Who should win the Premier League player of the year award? | Premier League

Bruno Fernandes There is a version of this season in which Bruno Fernandes left Manchester United in the summer. “The club wanted me to leave,” he said in December. Thankfully for United fans, he stayed, navigated the tactical ambiguity of playing for Ruben Amorim and led the team back into the Champions League. Fernandes has

How to watch the men’s Internazionali BNL d’Italia: TV channel and streaming options for the Semifinal

There are two men’s matches at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia today, the best being No. 1-ranked Jannik Sinner versus No. 9 Daniil Medvedev. Internazionali BNL d’Italia key details Tournament: The Internazionali BNL d’Italia Round: Semifinals Date: May 15 Streaming: Fubo (Stream now) Venue: Foro Italico Location: Rome, Italy Court Surface: Clay Internazionali BNL d’Italia schedule

Premier League Predictions: Gameweek 37

We’re already in the midst of crunch time in the Premier League, Friday night’s fixture marking the beginning of the penultimate round of fixtures. Gameweek 37 is upon us after nine months of relentless entertainment, and there remains plenty on the line heading into this season’s final two rounds, The title race rages on toward

Why are there so few English managers in the Premier League?

“It’s a disappointment and, from my point of view, it saddens me,” says Howard Wilkinson, now 82 and officially retired from the sport that has shaped his life. “All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope at some point we turn a corner in the right direction.” Wilkinson is talking to The

Kick-off times and date finally official after chaos

ROME, ITALY – APRIL 13: Alessio Romagnoli of SS Lazio scores a opening goal during the Serie A match between Lazio and Roma at Stadio Olimpico on April 13, 2025 in Rome, Italy. (Photo by Marco Rosi – SS Lazio/Getty Images) We finally have the schedule for the Serie A Week 37 games, which

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x