Trump tells airlines Venezuela’s airspace is ‘closed in its entirety’ as tensions rise

President Donald Trump said Saturday morning that Venezuela’s airspace should be considered “closed” as he weighs military action against the South American nation.

“To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY,” Trump said in a post on Truth Social.

There was no immediate response from Venezuela, which maintains authority over its own airspace, to the post. Flight-tracking data appeared to show a handful of planes still above the country on Saturday morning.

A number of airlines began rerouting flights away from Venezuela’s airspace earlier this month, and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has issued a warning of “heightened military activity” in the area.

On Wednesday, Venezuela’s civil aviation authority stripped take-off and landing rights from six commercial carriers it accused of “joining the actions of state terrorism promoted by the United States government and unilaterally suspending air commercial operations.”

On Thursday, Trump said the U.S. could “very soon” begin targeting alleged Venezuelan drug traffickers on land, expanding operations that have so far focused on vessels in the Caribbean Sea.

In Thanksgiving remarks to U.S. troops around the world, Trump thanked the Air Force’s 7th Bomb Wing for its work to “deter Venezuelan drug traffickers” and said “it’s about 85% stopped by sea … and we’ll be starting to stop them by land.”

“Also, the land is easier, but that’s going to start very soon,” the president added, speaking from his Mar-a-Lago estate.

For months, the president has intensified U.S. military presence in the region, ramping up pressure on Venezuela with strikes on alleged drug boats since early September. The military has carried out nearly two dozen known strikes on vessels they said were carrying drugs, killing at least 82 people.

The USS Gerald R. Ford, a major aircraft carrier, arrived in the Caribbean last week, rounding out a buildup of U.S. military forces in the region that has not been seen for decades.

The U.S. last week also designated the Cartel de los Soles, a group Washington alleges is run by Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, as a foreign terrorist organization.

Maduro has denied having any ties to the drug trade and has accused the U.S. of “fabricating” a war against him.

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Related Article

12 Celebrities With Scars and How They Got Them

“I’m happy to have a visual reminder every day of how precious life is,” says one star. Scars tell a story — but for many people, it’s one they often choose to cover up instead of wearing like a badge of honor. But as of late, many celebrities have chosen to change the narrative and

Doctors issue major warning over viral ‘limitless pill’ used by celebrities as “brain fuel” |

Influencers, podcast hosts and biohackers have hyped methylene blue online as a secret cognitive booster, fueling demand long before solid human evidence/ image, Instagram,X Videos of actors, podcasters and “biohackers” sipping or swallowing something bright blue have turned methylene blue into a minor wellness phenomenon. It is being described online as “brain fuel”, a “limitless

Celebrities who transformed their looks with surgery

The beauty standards in Hollywood have always been intense, but what’s changed is how celebrities talk about meeting them. Gone are the days of crediting good genes and expensive moisturizer. Today’s stars are opening up about the surgical enhancements that help them maintain their camera-ready appearances, and the honesty is refreshing. From reality television royalty

Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety

Nov 29 (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela is to be closed in its entirety. Trump, in a Truth Social post said: “To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY.”

Gemini 3 gives Google a boost in the AI race against OpenAI and Nvidia

Google just threw another twist in the fast-changing AI race. And its biggest competitors are taking notice. “We’re delighted by Google’s success — they’ve made great advances in AI and we continue to supply to Google,” Nvidia wrote in a November 25 post on X, before adding that “NVIDIA offers greater performance, versatility, and fungibility

Celebrity Event Planner Explains Business and Trends in Party Planning

I fell into event planning by accident — tripped and landed in the mud, really. Three decades later, I’m still dusting myself off and loving it. Back then, I was working for one of the early online-publishing companies. When they acquired another firm in Cleveland, they shut down the California division, and I suddenly found

Bernie Sanders Backs Amazon Strikes Worldwide, Highlights Billionaire Jeff Bezos’ Wealth As Indian Workers Protest – Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN)

In a Friday post on X, Senator Bernie Sanders called for global support for Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) workers, as strikes took place in 38 countries on Black Friday. Check out the current price of AMZN stock here.  Sanders highlighted CEO Jeff Bezos‘ $251 billion net worth in his remarks. Sanders shared a post from Progressive

Superman Celebrities Attending Conventions Next Weekend (December 5-7, 2025)

Superman fans in Columbus, Tokyo, Athens, Monroeville, Gonzalez, and Schnecksville will want to get along to local conventions taking place next weekend, as a number of Superman-related celebrities will be in attendance. GalaxyCon Columbus (Ohio) is on December 5-7, 2025. David Errigo Jr., Peter Facinelli, Tyler Hoechlin, Ron Marz, and Bob McLeod will be there

Chinese government issues warning on the industry that Elon Musk had said worries him

China’s top economic planning agency has issued a rare warning about bubble risks in the country’s rapidly expanding humanoid robotics sector—the same industry that Tesla CEO Elon Musk previously expressed concern about China potentially dominating.The National Development and Reform Commission of China cautioned about the proliferation of remarkably similar robots from more than 150 companies

Nikhil Kamath teases next podcast with Elon Musk. Internet can’t handle it

Zerodha founder Nikhil Kamath has officially confirmed that Elon Musk will feature on an upcoming episode of his wildly popular ‘WTF’ podcast and this revelation has sent social media into a frenzy. The news came via a sleek, black-and-white teaser shared on social media, giving fans their first glimpse of the duo together. The 39-second-long

Celebrities Share Their Most Bizarre Beliefs

Celebrities Share Their Most Bizarre Beliefs From flat-Earthers to moon-landing denial, conspiracy theories have never been limited to fringe corners of the internet. These days, even household names seem perfectly comfortable slipping on a tinfoil hat in their downtime. Most recently, Kim Kardashian admitted she doesn’t believe the moon landing actually happened — a claim

Donald Trump pardoning former Honduran leader Juan Orlando Hernández

President Donald Trump said he will pardon a former Honduran president sentenced to 45 years in prison on drug and gun charges, a clemency move that comes as Trump regularly speaks about the need to crack down on illegal narcotics. Trump said in a Nov. 28 social media post that he is pardoning Juan Orlando

Donald Trump plans to pardon former Honduran President Juan Hernandez – NBC4 Washington

President Donald Trump said Friday that he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who in 2024 was convicted for drug trafficking and weapons charges and sentenced to 45 years in prison. The president explained his decision on social media by posting that “according to many people that I greatly respect,” Hernandez was “treated very harshly and

President Donald Trump says he’s terminating all orders Joe Biden signed with autopen

WASHINGTON, DC — President Donald Trump said on Friday that any document signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen “is hereby terminated.” “I am hereby cancelling all Executive Orders, and anything else that was not directly signed by Crooked Joe Biden,” Trump posted on his social media platform. It is unclear which orders

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x