Iran’s Supreme Leader Lashes Out at Trump

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has delivered a stark rebuke of the Trump administration, declaring it “not worthy” of contact or cooperation with the Islamic Republic and firmly rejecting reports that Tehran had reached out to Washington.

“Such a government [the United States] is not worthy of being approached or cooperated with by a government like the Islamic Republic,” Khamenei said in a televised speech Thursday night, dismissing claims that Iran had sent messages to the U.S. as a “total lie.”

Newsweek has contacted the State Department and Iran’s Foreign Ministry for comment.

Why It Matters

The remarks come amid heightened tensions between Iran and the U.S. following a brief but intense conflict with Israel in June. The 12-day war, which included U.S. strikes on key Iranian nuclear facilities, disrupted ongoing nuclear diplomacy and raised concerns about regional stability.

Years of economic sanctions, military posturing, and political disagreements have left U.S.-Iran relations strained, making negotiations over nuclear programs and broader security issues increasingly difficult. Khamenei’s speech reflects Iran’s determination to maintain a hard-line stance in response to these pressures while signaling resilience in the face of both military and diplomatic challenges.

What To Know

Khamenei made clear that Iran would not pursue relations or cooperation with what he described as a “warmongering” U.S. government. He appeared to reject reports suggesting that a message sent earlier this month by Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, ahead of the latter’s trip to the U.S. was intended for Washington, calling such claims a lie.

He emphasized that Tehran would not seek dialogue with an administration he considered untrustworthy and framed the U.S. as a destabilizing force in the region, criticizing American leadership for interventions that, in his view, result in war, destruction and displacement.

12-Day War

Khamenei also addressed the recent war between Israel and Iran in June, describing it as a failure for Israel and the U.S. in achieving their objectives. The conflict ended on June 24 with a U.S.-brokered ceasefire, two days after Washington carried out strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities. He acknowledged Iran’s losses but stressed that “the one who started the attack suffered more losses than we did.”

In October, Khamenei challenged claims that U.S. strikes had destroyed Iran’s nuclear capabilities, telling President Donald Trump to “keep dreaming.” While the Pentagon has estimated that the strikes delayed Iran’s nuclear development by one to two years, earlier reports suggested only a minor setback.

U.S. Global Policies

Khamenei also condemned Washington’s role in global conflicts, including the Russia-Ukraine war. He criticized Trump for failing to resolve the conflict as promised, saying nearly a year had passed since Trump returned to power and that the U.S. had merely imposed a “28-point plan” for a war he said it helped create.

“Wherever America intervenes, the result is warmongering, genocide, destruction, and displacement,” Khamenei said, framing the U.S. as a global destabilizer.

What People Are Saying

Supreme Leader of Iran Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Thursday: “They are creating rumors that Iran sent a message to America through some country—that is a total lie.”

President Donald Trump said last week: “Iran does want to make a deal. I think they very badly want to make a deal. I am totally open to it, and we’re talking to them, and we start a process.”

What Happens Next

Khamenei’s speech reinforces Iran’s rejection of engagement with the Trump administration, signaling that nuclear negotiations and regional diplomacy under current U.S. leadership are unlikely. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, however, has stated that the country remains open to fair and balanced negotiations, emphasizing that dialogue is possible under conditions that respect Iran’s sovereignty. At the same time, Tehran appears determined to bolster its military capabilities and consolidate domestic unity, sending a clear signal of strength to the region and the world.

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Related Article

Trump tells airlines Venezuela’s airspace is ‘closed in its entirety’ as tensions rise

President Donald Trump said Saturday morning that Venezuela’s airspace should be considered “closed” as he weighs military action against the South American nation. “To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY,” Trump said in a post on Truth Social. There

Celebrities who transformed their looks with surgery

The beauty standards in Hollywood have always been intense, but what’s changed is how celebrities talk about meeting them. Gone are the days of crediting good genes and expensive moisturizer. Today’s stars are opening up about the surgical enhancements that help them maintain their camera-ready appearances, and the honesty is refreshing. From reality television royalty

Trump says airspace above and surrounding Venezuela to be closed in its entirety

Nov 29 (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the airspace above and surrounding Venezuela is to be closed in its entirety. Trump, in a Truth Social post said: “To all Airlines, Pilots, Drug Dealers, and Human Traffickers, please consider THE AIRSPACE ABOVE AND SURROUNDING VENEZUELA TO BE CLOSED IN ITS ENTIRETY.”

Gemini 3 gives Google a boost in the AI race against OpenAI and Nvidia

Google just threw another twist in the fast-changing AI race. And its biggest competitors are taking notice. “We’re delighted by Google’s success — they’ve made great advances in AI and we continue to supply to Google,” Nvidia wrote in a November 25 post on X, before adding that “NVIDIA offers greater performance, versatility, and fungibility

Celebrity Event Planner Explains Business and Trends in Party Planning

I fell into event planning by accident — tripped and landed in the mud, really. Three decades later, I’m still dusting myself off and loving it. Back then, I was working for one of the early online-publishing companies. When they acquired another firm in Cleveland, they shut down the California division, and I suddenly found

Bernie Sanders Backs Amazon Strikes Worldwide, Highlights Billionaire Jeff Bezos’ Wealth As Indian Workers Protest – Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN)

In a Friday post on X, Senator Bernie Sanders called for global support for Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) workers, as strikes took place in 38 countries on Black Friday. Check out the current price of AMZN stock here.  Sanders highlighted CEO Jeff Bezos‘ $251 billion net worth in his remarks. Sanders shared a post from Progressive

Superman Celebrities Attending Conventions Next Weekend (December 5-7, 2025)

Superman fans in Columbus, Tokyo, Athens, Monroeville, Gonzalez, and Schnecksville will want to get along to local conventions taking place next weekend, as a number of Superman-related celebrities will be in attendance. GalaxyCon Columbus (Ohio) is on December 5-7, 2025. David Errigo Jr., Peter Facinelli, Tyler Hoechlin, Ron Marz, and Bob McLeod will be there

Chinese government issues warning on the industry that Elon Musk had said worries him

China’s top economic planning agency has issued a rare warning about bubble risks in the country’s rapidly expanding humanoid robotics sector—the same industry that Tesla CEO Elon Musk previously expressed concern about China potentially dominating.The National Development and Reform Commission of China cautioned about the proliferation of remarkably similar robots from more than 150 companies

Nikhil Kamath teases next podcast with Elon Musk. Internet can’t handle it

Zerodha founder Nikhil Kamath has officially confirmed that Elon Musk will feature on an upcoming episode of his wildly popular ‘WTF’ podcast and this revelation has sent social media into a frenzy. The news came via a sleek, black-and-white teaser shared on social media, giving fans their first glimpse of the duo together. The 39-second-long

Celebrities Share Their Most Bizarre Beliefs

Celebrities Share Their Most Bizarre Beliefs From flat-Earthers to moon-landing denial, conspiracy theories have never been limited to fringe corners of the internet. These days, even household names seem perfectly comfortable slipping on a tinfoil hat in their downtime. Most recently, Kim Kardashian admitted she doesn’t believe the moon landing actually happened — a claim

Donald Trump pardoning former Honduran leader Juan Orlando Hernández

President Donald Trump said he will pardon a former Honduran president sentenced to 45 years in prison on drug and gun charges, a clemency move that comes as Trump regularly speaks about the need to crack down on illegal narcotics. Trump said in a Nov. 28 social media post that he is pardoning Juan Orlando

Donald Trump plans to pardon former Honduran President Juan Hernandez – NBC4 Washington

President Donald Trump said Friday that he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who in 2024 was convicted for drug trafficking and weapons charges and sentenced to 45 years in prison. The president explained his decision on social media by posting that “according to many people that I greatly respect,” Hernandez was “treated very harshly and

President Donald Trump says he’s terminating all orders Joe Biden signed with autopen

WASHINGTON, DC — President Donald Trump said on Friday that any document signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen “is hereby terminated.” “I am hereby cancelling all Executive Orders, and anything else that was not directly signed by Crooked Joe Biden,” Trump posted on his social media platform. It is unclear which orders

Trump calls reporter stupid in Thanksgiving exchange on DC shooting

President Donald Trump called a CBS News reporter a “stupid person” during a Thanksgiving press conference. The exchange occurred when the reporter questioned Trump’s blaming of the Biden administration for admitting the man suspected of shooting National Guard troops from Afghanistan. Following the incident, the Trump administration suspended some immigration requests and announced a review

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x